Wednesday, January 11, 2012

How can I remove http://xmasstshrit.blogspot.com/ from my FaceBook, and FanBox?






I was enjoying my FaceBook one night,  then all of a sudden, I cannot access it because of this irritating ad that immediately loads every time I open my FaceBook.  

 I thought it was only my FaceBook, but when I also tried to post a blog in my FanBox dashboard, this same thing does not want me to access it, that instead of the page for me to write down my blog, it is the login for my facebook was coming out.

So, what I did was to look for help from the internet, only to land on a website askmefast.com which instead of giving me a direct answer, it asked me some information, like my email and giving me conditions. Frustrated, I closed it because its ways is like the phishing sites that want to know your information and give you more problems.

However, since this http://xmasstshrit was giving me a pain on the neck, I googled again for more answers and remedy in removing it using google chrome, and here is the one that helped me:

Steps(Internet Explorer or google chrome works the same)

1.  Internet Explorer
            a.  Click “Tools”
            b.  Click “Add ons”
            c.  Click “Extensions”
            d.  Look for the Youtube plugin and (I suggest)  click remove. Click restart on the prompt 
                        then you’re done.

 
2.  Google Chrome

      a.  Click customized google chrome found on the right hand side…just point your arrow on the tool
sign/picture

      b.  Point to Tools and click Extension

      c.  Look for the Youtube plugin and click remove


After doing this procedure I am happy that it didn’t bother me again, and I was able to post my blogs in my FanBox, and open my FaceBook without that ad from a crazy son-of-an-irritants!
It helped me, so, I believe it could help you, too.


2 comments: